Tuesday 29 June 2010

Pies, picalilli and other matters

I have had more of a chance to spread the word about the archives and the project over the last couple of days. Last night I went to the Clitheroe Civic Society meeting last night and had a chance to address the group. Wonderful to see such a great turn out, an active society with people interested in the heritage of the town. Excellent talk by Gordon Taylor and a good chance to have a talk afterwards.

This morning I found my way to the County Market. Not just to stop up on pies, picalilli and jam delicious as it is. I am interested in the links with the food themed entries in the archives. I arranged to come back next week with the portable CD player of clips and recorder to gather some responses. It's on a Tuesday 10-11.30 am at the United Reform Church hall. Sheila says get there early for the best things, there is no mercy for those who hesitate.

No comments:

Post a Comment