Tuesday 6 July 2010

Clitheroe Country Market


Earlier today I returned to the Clitheroe Country (formerly WI) market in the United Reform Church Hall. Acting on advice from last week I got there in good time ready to snap up the best things. This weeks purchases: lettuce, a courgette, potato cakes and a strawberry tart. Everyone is poised ready to spring in to action at 10 o'clock sharp. Again the atmosphere was friendly and bustling, beautiful vibrant jams and pickles on display, crafts and plants.

Following up the food theme I have been exploring in the archives I chatted to people about the work of the archives, and gathered some responses and memories. In this clip Flossie explains the background to the market, and what you can find:


Clitheroe Country Market: background by NWSAproject

There are wonderful baked goods on sale, today's taster was Mary's ginger bread. I talked to her about baking. As she puts it 'If I'm stressed I bake, if I'm happy I bake and if I'm just ordinary... I bake.'



Reasons for Baking by NWSAproject

No comments:

Post a Comment